The General public is hereby informed that the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) has announced the third cohort call for applications for undergraduate Scholarships to study at Kyungdong University, South Korea, commencing in September, 2022 for a Bachelor’s degree in Smart Computing, Hotel Management and Business Administration. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship Description
- Target level: Undergraduate degree
- Majors offered: Smart Computing, Business Administration and Hotel Management
- Medium of instruction: English
- Duration: 4 yearsI 8 semesters subject to excellent academic performance each semester of study and complying with KDU Global internal rules and regulations (Over 95% of the previous IUCEA Scholarship recipients maintained average mark over 80% (in 100% scale) in each semester).
- Expected scholarship commencement: September, 2022
- Number of scholarships: 30 (5 per IUCEA member country)
- Scholarship Benefits:
The scholarship covers the following:
- Full tuition fee of $10,000 per year up to 4 years (by KDU Global).
- On-campus accommodation fee of $1600 per year up to 4 years (by KDU Global).
- Return air ticket at the beginning and the end of every two years (by IUCEA).
- Health insurance support every month for 4 years (by IUCEA).
- Application processing and handling fee of $200 after selection (by IUCEA).
- Students and their guardians/sponsors are liable for subsistence expenses estimated to be around $250 per month based on average students’ cost of living in South Korea.
- Entry Requirements
Applicants must meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- Be a citizen and resident of a Partner State in the East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda).
- Completion of pre-university level of education in home country in 2020 or
- Have excellent academic performance records with minimum of ‘B’ in all mathematics and English
- Selected applicants are required to present a minimum of IELTS 5.5 or IBT 71 of English proficiency prior to their final admission to KDU Applicants whose first language is English might be exempted from this requirement.
- Be not older than 22 years of
- Selection Process
All applicants will be subjected to merit-based two-stage selection process.
Stage I: IUCEA shall conduct the preliminary selection of candidates. Interested applicants must submit either electronic or hard copies of the following documents to the IUCEA Office in Kampala, Uganda:
- omplete the electronic form on this link: https://forms.office.com/r/q3vxPTEgNY
- Submit the hardcopy Application Form.
- Statement of Interest to the Executive Secretary of IUCEA.
- Upload required documents:
- Recent passport photograph in color with a clear shot of face and upper shoulders;
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) including names and contacts of two references;
- Two letters of reference (the same referees as in CV, one of the referees should be the Head of the Institution where the student completed his/her secondary school);
- Certified copies of national pre-university certificates and transcripts (Provisional Results will only be temporarily acceptable if endorsed by the Issuing National Agency); and
- Evidence of citizenship and residency of a Partner State in the East African Community: Passport/ National ID and residency attest is required.
Note: All documents must be combined into one PDF file and submitted to IUCEA by April 15th, 2022.
Stage II: KDU Global will conduct individual assessments and confirm the final selection. Candidates might be required to submit additional documents and designated forms if deemed necessary.
Final selection notices will be sent to successful candidates only by May 23rd, 2022.
- KDU Global Admission
Scholarship recipients will submit final admission documents to KDU Global
as listed here:
Admission>Documents Required Kyungdong University (kduniv.ac.kr) upon receiving additional guidelines.
- Important Dates
|1.||Submission of application documents to IUCEA||April 15, 2022|
|2.||Preliminary evaluation and selection||May 13, 2022|
|3.||Final selection notices||May 23, 2022|
|4.||Submission of Scholarship Agreement Forms||May 30, 2022|
|5.||Submission of KDU Global Admissions||June 10, 2022|
|6.||Issuance of admission and visa support documents||June17, 2022|
|7.||Visa applications and processing||June 20 – July 1, 2022|
|8.||Travel Preparations including air – ticket issuance||June 27, 2022|
|9.||Arrival and orientation sessions at
Kyungdong University Global Campus
|August 8, 2022|
|10.||Commencements of programs of study||August 29, 2022|
Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA)
Kigobe Road, Plot M833, Kyambogo Area
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala
Republic of Uganda
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
University of Dodoma,
- O. Box. 10,