TOPIC : 1 SOCIAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
CIVICS FORM THREE: TOPICAL QUESTIONS.
TOPIC: SOCIAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT.
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS.
1. Choose the correct answer among the alternatives given.
- The following describe the term leadership except;:
- An act of leading or directing people with common goals.
- It involves establishing a clear vision with others who are willing to be led.
- Leadership is about expressing feeling to someone non how one feels about him or her.
- Leadership can be democratic or dictatorial.
(ii) _______ of republic of Uganda is an example of dictatorial leader Africa has ever had.
- Joseph stalin
- Adolf Hitler
- Idd Amin
- Mobutu Sese Seko.
(iii) Team work is___________
- Knowing how to work
- A collaborative action by a group of people
- A form of sports
- A form of decision – making in today’s global arena.
(iv) One of the following is not a way of building a strong team work:
- Fighting when necessary
- Exercising trust and openness with employee.
- Use of team building activities and retreats.
- Being knowledgeable of work.
(v) One way through which a person can build his or her self – confidence is through?
- Identifying one’s talents
- Comparing oneself with others
- Being proud of oneself
- Having self – pity on any mistake.
2. Match the items from list A with the correct response in List B by writing a letter of the correct answer.
| || |
3. Write TRUE for a correct statement and FALSE for incorrect statement.
- Through high self-esteem, one understands that every person is prone to mistakes_______
- A positive relationship provides happiness and satisfaction___________
- Self – worth is a feeling of self – respect and personal worth__________
- Beauty is the most important factor why people get into relationships____
- Self – confidence is build through identifying one’s talents_________
- Animals do not have life skills______
- Tanzania has been getting democratic leaders through the general elections_______
- Dictators normally employ the use of military and propaganda to suppress the opposition______
- One advantage of a democratic leadership is the freedom of expression________
- A leader is a decision maker_________
SECTION D: SHORT ANSWERS
4. Explain five qualities of a good leader.
5. What are the benefits of leadership?
6. Describe five types of leadership
7. Write down the ways of building one’s self esteem.
TOPIC : 2 ECONOMIC AND SOCAL DEVELOPMENT
FORM THREE: ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT.
1. MULTIPLE CHOICES
(i) Which is not an indicator of economic development?
- Per capital income
- Energy consumption
- Volume of import
- Rate of export
(ii) The following are indicators of social development except?
- Poverty level
- Rate of literacy
- Daily food supply
- Population growth
(iii) The average number of death which occur in human population in a given country is called?
- Social morbidity
- Death rate
- Mortality rate
- Morbidity rate
(iv) Which is not a factor of economic development?
(v) Which is not an example of a financial institution?
- Commercial Bank
- Central Bank.
(vi) One problem facing financial institution is?
- Delays in service provision
- Lack of Bachelor education
- All of the above
(vii) Which is not a component of private sector?
- Coca – cola
- Azam food Company.
(viii) Two components of private sector are
- Individual and National level
- Social and Economic
- Formal and informal sector
- Urban and rural sectors.
(ix) Which is not a strategy to improve informal sector in Tanzania?
- Provide education
- Improve infrastructure
- Promote science and technology
- Raise banks interest rates
(x) Which is not a role of private sector in economic development?
- Developing infrastructure
- Provide employment
- Improve trade
- Growth of National income
2. (a) Differentiate between the following sectors;
- Formal sectors
- Informal sectors
(b) With example, explain meaning of private sector.
3. (a) Define the term development and explain two levels of development
(b) Differentiate between social development and economic development.
4. Explain how the following acts as indicators of social development.
a) Per capital income
b) Energy consumption
c) Quality and efficiency of tools and equipment
d) Rate of export trade
5. Explain five (5) indicators of social development
6. What are the factors for economic development?
7. Describe the role of financial institution on social development
8. What are challenges facing financial institution?
9. What strategies can be used to improve informal sectors in Tanzania?
TOPIC : 3 POVERTY
CIVICS FORM THREE: TOPIC THREE
1. (a) Define the term poverty
(b) Give two levels of poverty
2. (a) Differentiate abject poverty and relative poverty.
(b) What is an indicator of poverty?
3. State and explain five indicators of poverty.
4. What do you think are the causes of poverty among people?
5. Explain how the following can cause poverty
b) Poor planning
c) Bad weather
e) Low level of science and technology.
6. Describe the effects of poverty to:
a) An individual
b) To a nation
7. What strategies has government of Tanzania put in place to alleviate poverty? Explain five strategies.