TOPIC : 1 CULTURE
CIVICS FOR TOPICAL QUESTIONS
- This paper consists of three sections A, B and C
- Answer all Questions in section A and B and ONE question in section C
- USE a blue or black pen
- All diagrams should be in pencil
- MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS.
Choose the correct answer among the given choice
- A gift that is given to the bride of her parents by the future husband in consideration for marriage is called?
- Engagement ring
- A wedding present.
(ii) Patterns of behavior in the society that do not change from time to time are called?
(iii) Which one of the following statements is correct about culture?
- A way of life
- A sense of belonging
- A collective phenomenon
- A group of people living.
(iv) One of the following is not the way of increasing self – awareness.
- Self observation
- Self reflection
- Staying idle
- Seeking feedback.
(v) From the following skills, identify the odd one out.
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Team work skills.
- Fighting skills
(vi) The following are stages involved in problem solving except.
- Identifying the problem
- Stating possible solutions
- Making a decision
- Guessing a problem
(vii) Peer pressure is?
- An influence from friends that encourage a person to change his/her behavior.
- A group of people of the same age or social status.
- A result of neglect subjected to a person in a society.
- A feeling or thinking about oneself at a particular time.
(viii) Which of the following is not an aspect of culture?
- Arts and literature
(ix) Which of the following among aspects is not appropriate to Africa?
(x) Which of the following is not true about culture?
- Every society has got its culture
- Culture is the life of the society.
- Culture does not teach the values of the society.
- Culture may change according to time and environment.
2. Matching items questions.
| || |
3. Write true for correct statement and false for incorrect statement.
- Inheritance of spouses, sex preferences, food taboos and circumcision of women are same of socio – economic practices affecting women____________
- One of the following customs perpetuates gender inequality among African societies____
A culture of preventive care and maintenance of public property should be encouraged in Tanzania because it promotes environmental cleanliness and conservation______-
- The experiences of the past which are inherited by the society and are unchangeable are called traditions_________
- A custom of having more than one wife is known as cohabitation______
- Every society has got its culture__________
- Early marriage perpetuates gender inequality among African societies______
- In many societies, traditional folk tales and songs continue to have importance mainly because they help to maintain cultural identity______
- It is important to preserve our national culture because it is our historical heritage_______
4. Describe the significant of culture to Tanzania by giving six points.
5. Illustrate problems facing the promotion of our cultural values.
6. Analyse the impact of the negative aspects of our customs.
7. Explain the elements of culture
8. Identify customs which lead to gender discrimination.